24 June 2006

Week2.3 (Thurs/Fri)


Hey Gang - I'm off to something called the Forward Operating Base (FOB) in a minute, but thought I'd update y'all. The last couple of days we've been doing various obstacle courses. Yesterday we did the confidence course (my personal favorite so far) - here are some pics from the range. I sort of cheated on my profile and did all the obstacles in my sneakers...my heal is VERY much improved and I had no problems with the course. I was also able to get better fitting boots yesterday evening - I STRONGLY recommend you get a pair called Altama's (we call them sneaker boots - they're light weight and the bottoms look like sneakers and they fit/wear like sneakers) - for those of you who are reading this with CHOBC in your future - either way, DO BREAK IN YOUR BOOTS BEFORE YOU GET HERE!!

Please pray for me today as I go on this exercise. This is expected to be the most physically demanding part of the course and I think is designed to simulate deployment conditions. Pray my heals hold up (left one is ok, but still a little sensitive in one spot). Talk to y'all in 5 days (we'll be back Wends). -Ter You had to shimmy down this upside down on your ankles (I didn't do this one as I didn't have boots on)
This is our platoon (PTL) leadership team - the PLT leader and 4 squad leaders, we had dinner the other night and got to know each other some.
This was the BEST obstacle - you had to walk over a log (climb over some stairs in the middle) and go up a ladder - after this you got strapped into a parachute harness and jump off a tower down a cable - HOKA HEY!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

***Small World Alert***

1) Found your blog from Mike D's blog - I've known Mike D for almost 4 years from college... which led to...
2) I emailed my friend Jess Ward (at Denver Sem!) about your blog (b/c I saw you are at Denver Sem) and wondered if she knew you! Which, she does! :o)

Small world eh? Anyways, I love checking up on Mike's blog, and I check in on yours every once in a while too! Have fun at training, and you should get to know Jess at Denver Sem when you get back there! (Shameless plug for Jess, but she's amazing!) :o)