22 August 2005

Friends...


Well, dear friends, I last wrote you a little over a week ago. Time has passed and some events, both small and large have occurred! First - thanks again to those of you who have sent books this week - its been great to get packages every couple of days! (Thanks Seun, I got the compass back JUST before going on a hike - it came in VERY handy!) In some ways, life is settling in here. I go on walks or bike rides with my new friend Jennifer (next door neighbor) a couple of times a week; I've started a Tae Kwon Do class in my gym Monday and Wednesday evenings; I go to the gym most mornings, do e-mail in the afternoon, watch TV a while, check e-mail, and be available to whatever comes up. Sounds boring, I know, but it's nice to have any routine right now.

My pool of people is beginning to expand. I went back to Centennial Covenant Church this week and loved it again, so I'm thinking I may not do as much 'shopping' as I thought I'd have to do. Folks are beginning to talk to me a little more and I'm feeling a little more comfortable there. I went to a 'Jazz, Arts and Sunset' event at the church this past Sunday evening with Jennifer and got to talk to a few more people. Each day a little more comes together, usually when I'm not looking.


This was a special week for me as I had my first guest out from RI. Julie McMurry came out after a conference she was attending in 'the area' (she was in Wyoming - which around here is fairly close by, by CO standards!) and had to fly out of the Denver Airport. We had about 3 days together of hiking (Garden of the Gods (above is a pic from the park - it's called the Kissing Camel! we also went to Red Rocks and Bear Creek), vegging, and exploring. It was good to have a friend nearby. Julie took me horseback riding for my B-day, but it was her first time on a horse; I had the best of all my worlds - someone to worry over, nature and a horse!

Prayer requests for this week:
-For a good time connecting with Amanda, a 3rd yr Denver Seminary (DenSem) student I will be meeting for lunch this week - she's a rare female MDiv student, so I'm looking forward to gleaning from her experience what I can about being in the minority in our program.
-For my school Orientation - this Friday 8/26
-For the school picnic on Saturday 8/27 (I really don't enjoy smooze fests, so pray that I have a great time and that it can be a time of use/ joy for all of us and not a time of awkward survival) (pray for my attitude about this...)

Thanks guys - you all bless me SO MUCH. Thank you for praying for me and staying in touch - I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place you're living in! Lots of natural beauty- Awesome. Love your pics.

Irene

Anonymous said...

Hi Ter,
Great photos with Julie! How convenient that she was around for your b'day! God is really watching over you, in all the details. Expect that on Friday and Saturday this week. For real....
You rock the world!
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're making connections and enjoying the beatiful landscape.

Love Nat