21 December 2007

Acclimating...




Greetings Friends!! Well I've been here a week now and am fairly well over the jet lag. It is bloody cold here, though not really more than CO or even RI this time of year - consistantly in the 30s - I've just been on foot for everything, so I'm much more aware of it. I have managed to get my American-in- Germany drivers license (there are lots of nifty road signs I had to learn...).

You know you're on an Army base when you say this sentence: "Oh, Sergent - do you have a minute to take a picture of me in front of that tank?"...that was one of my more favorite things to have had the opportunity to say since I've been here...

So far, a 'typical' day is shaping up to be: 0630 workout, breakfast/reset, go to the post chapel, meet folks, do in-processing stuff and try to jump on anything I see the other chaplains doing. It looks like I will get to see/particiapate in a singles solider's retreat in two week - this will be fun, since I've only atteneded a couples retreat so far! (and yes, I was sinlge for that, too! *lol*) I hope to do some ride-alongs with the local MPs and perhaps some range time with one of the batallions that will be deploying later this year.

Personally, I've been doing very well with the exception of some confusion on my housing that has come up. Some of the SGTs around here are telling me my orders will not cover the place I'm staying in, though it is the typical place I stay on these stints - so, not sure if there's some European thing my command/I am not aware of. Do pray for me that this will be favorably resolved as it could mean a thousand dollars out of my own pocket if it goes badly.

Other than that, I've been enjoying meeting new people, exploring my neighborhood, on and off post and checking out downtown Bamberg's Christmas Market. I'm thinking I'll head down to Nurenberg over the weekend and see what's happening there. Brats are perhaps the worlds most perfect food here...


I'm still working through buggs on gettings pics uploaded...so...the above was the only one I could get today... more to come! - ter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Glad things are going well. Keep me posted. Loves, Shellers.

Anonymous said...

I so glad things are going well for you. I will be lifting you in my prayers. "Dios te bendiga siempre"

Anonymous said...

Terri; How long will you be in Germany?

Anonymous said...

Terri,

We're proud of you. Remember you have friends back in Denver who are thinking of you! Enjoy the miracle of the moment...

Happy New Year!

Dave and Christina Nagel

Anonymous said...

Frohe Weinachten und eine Gutes Neu Jahr! (or something like that...)

Hey T! How's Germany treatin ya? When do you fly home?