02 February 2007

Spring?

'Spring' semester; such an optimistic term right now... Well, here we are, kids - the heart of seminary: my last semester of BOTH languages, one pastoral theology class, one religious services class, one preaching class and two learning contracts (one on grace the other on pastoral identity) - anyone else hearing "...and a partridge in a pear tree..."

As you can tell, my humor is a bit off. I care a great deal about this semester - the things I am and will be learning will be foundational to my life in ministry; and that scares me to death. the implications of all that I'm learning feel very heavy and I don't know how to encapsulate what I'm thinking/feeling other than to say I feel overwhelmed on an almost daily basis. It is very hard to know the grace of God in the middle of this. And it's not because I think God is being ungracious to me, I think I'm allowing my fears to be the thing I focus on.

So I need you, body of Christ. Pray for me. Not that I succeed or even do well academically, but that my heart would know peace in this time of trail; that my victory will be communion with the Father in spite of the circumcises. It is the age old battle, I do know that - will I trust God or my eyes. You know where I long to be: entreat the Father to strengthen me to be there.

Thanks, friends. - love, Ter

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Terri- I will be praying for you, take a deep breath & relax. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ter, Interesting timing -- Stuart is preaching on fear and how we deal with it. Basically, KNOW Who is in charge -- Who knows you better than anyone, and trust that He knows what helps you to grow. Psalm 56:3-4 -- Luke 11:24-26 -- 1 John 4:13-18 -- and I added Isaiah 41:10, and Isaiah 43:1-4. The Master of the whole universe holds you, Terri, safe and protected and with full provision, in the palm of His hand.
Love you much,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Okay, Terr, got it now! Like I said earier, will chat with you later about this semester! I thought the last message was posted? Well, now I know it got lost since I did not do it correctly! Oh well! More talk later, sister! I am praying for you!

--Tam

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Ter, Love Kat